Bail Amounts Are Not Set in Stone
The bail bonds warren mi process can be revised either by the judge or can be challenged by the defendant. Several factors may influence their decision when determining if the bail requirements need adjusting.
Three Ways to Post Bond
- Personal recognizance – no monetary amount needs to be posted in order to be released. These types of bonds are reserved for non violent, less severe misdemeanor offenses.
- Cash/Surety – full amount must be posted or contact a bond agent who guarantees a surety to the court system.
- 10% – Only ten percent is needed to post bail
Factors That Influence The Monetary Amount and Conditions of Bail
The amount of time you or loved one spends in jail varies greatly.
- Defendant’s ties to the community. Flight risk?
- Probability of conviction
- Employment status
- Severity of offense
- Mental state of defendant
- History of addition or substance abuse
- Previous record of appearance or non-appearance in court proceedings
- Criminal history
The court system has a primary concern when determining the amount and stipulations of bail. Will the defendant return to court to stand trial for the accused crime. There are several things you can do to help your bail case; have a friend or family member present to vouch for you in front of the judge. Any paperwork regarding medical conditions or employment status may help your case.
Bail is a Constitutional Right
Once your bail has been set contact Warren Bail Bonds right away, so we can begin the process of having you released from law enforcement. Our professionally trained bondsmen are available anytime to discuss your bail bond options.